"Meet the Romans” and “Meet the Greeks” summer camps for children 9-12 will be offered one extra week, Jun
- The Department of the Classics announces the establishment of the George N.
- Christopher Gipson received the Fowler-Merle-Smith Fellowship from the American School of Classical Studies at Athens (ASCSA) to support a full year of study in Greece for 2019-20. Read the full st
- The 2018-19 competition and application for the Houston Papademetriou awards are available here with a deadline of May
- Illinois Classics undergraduates Brendan Labbe and Alexander Augustynski participated in the 2019 Eta Sigma Phi convention at St. Olaf's College.
- Professor Angeliki Tzanetou presented the talk "Bleeding Bodies, War & Collective Trauma in Aeschylus’ Agamemnon" on February 21, 2019.
- Classics Summer Youth Camps (Ages 9-12)
- Upcoming workshop on Race Work in the Classics on February 21 and 22 featuring speakers from the US and Canada and plenary speaker Professor Emma Dench (Harvard University).
- A major gift from Mr. George Reveliotis funds the Modern Greek Program and Greek studies at Illinois.
- Professor Augoustakis has just published a new book on Flavian Campania, published by Oxford University Press, with co-editor Joy Littlewood.