Emeritus Professor of Classics David Sansone publishes a new commentary on
- George Reveliotis (BA 1996) is the recipient of the distinguished LAS Dean's Quadrangle Award
- We are hosting the annual AAH meeting virtually in May 2021.
- The Classics Department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is delighted to announce that it will be hosting the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Association of Ancient Historians (AAH).
- Whether you are joining us on campus or off, we want to provide you with all the neccessary information you need to maximize your academic experience this semester.
- Society for Classical Studies (SCS) Awards & Fellowships Prizes & Awards
- Credit: 3 hours Introduces Roman civilization through the study of the social and cultural life of ancient Rome.
- Credit: 3 hours
- The Society for Classical Studies has published an online manual with career advice for Classics majors and minors as well as testimonials.
- Credit: 3 hours Survey of American minority cultures and the reception of Greco-Roman culture in literature, film, and politics.
- Credit: 3 hours Origins and development of selected major genres in Western literature, emphasizing the relationship between classical representatives and their modern successors.
- Fall 2020
- Credit: 3 hours Introduces the role of sports in ancient Greek and Roman society. Fulfills GenEd requirements: Cultural Studies - Western, Humanities – Lits & Art
- THE DEPARTMENT OF THE CLASSICS IS CANCELLING ITS STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS IN ATHENS AND CHINA FOR SUMMER 2020 IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
- Credit: 3 hours Vocabulary building assistance for students through an analysis of Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes found in English. 8-week class A or B
- Credit: 3 Hours Origins and development of selected major genres in Western literature, emphasizing the relationship between classical representatives and their modern successors.
- Credit: 3 Hours Introduction to the study of the Greek and Latin roots of contemporary medical terminology and to the linguistic patterns governing their combination and usage.
- Credit: 3 Hours Studies the social and cultural life in Greece during the classical period.
- Credit: 3 Hours
- Antony Augoustakis has been teaching at Illinois since 2009.
- An award given annually to the best undergraduate major in Classics in honor of Professor John Heller. Recent Awardees 2019: Elias Pagones
- The Minor Form has to be completed with the Direc