- Dr. Maria Hadjipolycarpou's CLCV 120 Storytelling class is featured in Instructor Stories at CITL.
- Clara Bosak-Schroeder, Assistant Professor of Classics, has been recommended by the selection committee of the Center for Advanced Study (CAS) for an appointment as a Fellow in the Center during th
- The Classics Department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is delighted to announce that it will be hosting the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Association of Ancient Historians (AAH).
- Whether you are joining us on campus or off, we want to provide you with all the neccessary information you need to maximize your academic experience this semester.
- Society for Classical Studies (SCS) Awards & Fellowships Prizes & Awards
- Credit: 3 hours Introduces Roman civilization through the study of the social and cultural life of ancient Rome.
- Credit: 3 hours
- The Society for Classical Studies has published an online manual with career advice for Classics majors and minors as well as testimonials.
- Credit: 3 hours Survey of American minority cultures and the reception of Greco-Roman culture in literature, film, and politics.
- Credit: 3 hours Origins and development of selected major genres in Western literature, emphasizing the relationship between classical representatives and their modern successors.
- Fall 2020
- Credit: 3 hours Introduces the role of sports in ancient Greek and Roman society. Fulfills GenEd requirements: Cultural Studies - Western, Humanities – Lits & Art
- THE DEPARTMENT OF THE CLASSICS IS CANCELLING ITS STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS IN ATHENS AND CHINA FOR SUMMER 2020 IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
- Credit: 3 hours Vocabulary building assistance for students through an analysis of Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes found in English. 8-week class A or B
- Credit: 3 Hours Origins and development of selected major genres in Western literature, emphasizing the relationship between classical representatives and their modern successors.
- Credit: 3 Hours Introduction to the study of the Greek and Latin roots of contemporary medical terminology and to the linguistic patterns governing their combination and usage.
- Credit: 3 Hours Studies the social and cultural life in Greece during the classical period.
- Credit: 3 Hours
- Antony Augoustakis has been teaching at Illinois since 2009.
- John Lewis Heller, who died on 6 November 1988, was professor of the Classics at Illinois from 1949 to 1975
- The Minor Form has to be completed with the Direc